Join The Team
Running Sales Specialist
Culture Athletics – 1175 Queen St E, Toronto, ON
Part-time (15-25 hrs/week), Permanent
Email CV & cover letter to Eyla at email@example.com
Who We Are
Culture Athletics is a lifestyle-driven Yoga and Run Speciality boutique in the East-end of Toronto.
Founded on the principle that physical culture is a uniting force between individuals, we believe that you don't need to compromise your self-expression to find gear that performs at the highest level. Taking a curated, boutique approach to running and yoga, we strive to empower our growing community to live a balanced, active life.
We have both retail and studio spaces. Our retail space specializes in yoga and running apparel, footwear and accessories. Our studio offers a variety of yoga and meditation classes throughout the week, in addition to monthly events and workshops. Please note that our Studio space is temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Driven by our passion for healthy living, we take pride in community engagement, our free running groups and creating a space that makes yoga accessible to everyone.
Culture Athletics is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
We are looking for a new team member who has a passion for involvement in the local running and yoga community, helping others, and providing the highest level of customer service. As a Running Sales Specialist, you’d need to act as a team player, customer service specialist and also take care of day-to-day tasks. Your most important role is to be a welcoming ambassador to a healthy, active lifestyle.
Must be an avid and passionate runner with a thorough understanding of running and footwear and the footwear fitting process. Must also have a conversational understanding of yoga and the role it plays in a healthy and active lifestyle.
Customer Service Expectations
- Use your expertise to provide a full-fit solution and premium education experience that goes beyond traditional retail.
- Deliver high levels of customer satisfaction by being knowledgeable on all products offered, the competitive landscape, industry trends, and by teaming up with co-workers to provide a comprehensive sales experience.
- Contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment
- Preparing the store daily – restocking garments, sizing, folding, style and section organizing, security tagging, cleaning etc.
- Fulfilling online orders.
- Maintaining an organized stockroom.
- Lead/participate in weekly runs out of the store (currently on hold)
- Work with store leadership to understand business objectives
- Actively complete all tasks required for daily operations.
- Participate in training exercises
- Must be an avid runner, as well as have a conversational understanding and appreciation for yoga.
- You have a passion for customer service and delivering an exceptional experience for guests.
- Love interacting with people
- You are bright, fun, athletic and open-minded
- Represent what Culture Athletics stands for. Demonstrate healthy living, an active lifestyle and be a role model for our customers/local community.
- Always strive to grow personally and professionally.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1-3 years retail sales experience
- Performance footwear and/or technical apparel sales is a preferred
- Flexible availability – including evenings, weekends, and select holidays
The Finer Print
- 15-25 hours per week
- All employees’ availability must reflect the needs of the business, which may change from time to time. This could include aiding with events outside of store hours.
- Competitive staff discount
- Access to limited and special edition product
- Positive work environment
- Opportunity to have a meaningful impact on a rapidly expanding business
Culture Athletics is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.