FREE DROP-IN TEMPO RUN DIFFERENT WORKOUT EVERY WEEK EVERY SATURDAY @ 9:00AM (Rain or shine)
This is our weekly FREE tempo run. Every week we just host a friendly and social tempo run. No strings attached. Come sweat with us!
Open to the public, this run is a safe and welcoming space for runners of all experiences and backgrounds to come do some intervals and PUT IN THAT WORK!
Don't know what a "tempo run" is?? We'll here's how we do it...It's a fartlek style workout that consists of intervals of hard effort running with easy effort running as rest/recovery. So you'll never come to a dead stop, rather your recovery is on the move!
Here's the weekly routine...
* We meet every Saturday @ 9:00am. Show up a few min early (especially if it's your first time).
* The run always starts/finishes at Culture Athletics (972 Queen St. E).
* We’ll have bag check (usually), but our reco is to come ready to run.
* Each week we'll offer a different Tempo Run workout. We'll usually share it in advance on IG, but if we don't, you just gotta show up to find out what it is!
* We start by talking everyone through the planned workout for the day and answer any initial questions. We then lead dynamic warm-ups and drills to get the body warmed up and the right muscles working. From there, we all do a SUPER easy warm up run to our workout location (often Corktown Commons Park) where we'll regroup, then start the workout!
* We'll all regroup after and do a short cooldown back to the shop. Usually people go for coffee/hangs at a local coffee shop. The workout usually takes 60 to 90 min all-in.
* All paces and new faces welcome!! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE FAST TO JOIN US! We've got people of ALL paces and experiences that run with us, so don't be shy/intimidated. We love new people and we’re friendly (promise).
Join our Run Club FB group HERE Follow us on IG HERE